Random things about me:
* I am currently
* I go to to Indiana University
* I have two cute kitties. =^_^=
* I love the j-pop group, Hey!Say!JUMP and they're my favorite JE group (I also really love the Juniors...and NEWS! 8D)
* My favorite Junior in Johnny's Entertainment is Shoon Yamashita and my favorite debuted JE boy is Keito Okamoto and Shoon is my overall favorite, too.
*I first became a fan of JE from stumbling on a random video of the Ya Ya Yah show on youtube...did my research, discovered the Junior group Ya Ya Yah, became a regular of the blogs of kamichan_ya3 and puppeteer8 ,fell in love with Yax3, became a bit heartbroken after they disbanded because of the new debuted unit Hey!Say!JUMP, and finally turned into a fan of JUMP after seeing their UMP PV and quickly falling in love with the members of the Hey!Say!7 sub-unit besides Yabu and Hikaru.
*Besides JE, I'm also a huuuuge fan of the k-pop girl groups, SNSD and After School. I seriously didn't think I'd love ANY girl group until these two won me over. ♥ They're really the only k-pop groups I fangirl over (same way Hey!Say!JUMP is really the only j-pop group I fangirl). And I seriously think that Hey!Say!JUMP is SNSD's boy group soulmate rather than Super Junior. Good thing that the k-pop girl group fandoms are pretty wank free compared to the boy group fandoms.
* I really love rock and metal music (favorite band being Kamelot), but I hate the screamo type of metal...that makes my ears bleed. O_O I also dig many songs in foreign languages and not just Japanese. I love songs in German, Bulgarian, Korean, Mandarin, Swahili, French, Italian, Swedish, you name it.
* Xena: Warrior Princess is one of my greatest loves... ♥ ♥ (and Xena/Gabrielle is my OTP)
* I'm a lesbian (omgXenamademegaaaaay). I know it may not seem like it since I'm so vocal about my love for Hey!Say!JUMP, but it's true. I've identified as gay since I was 18. Before that I just thought I was asexual.
* I like to draw in my spare time because it's a way of expressing my feelings, but I'm not any good at it at all. Most of the crap I draw is either so shitty in quality or the subject matter is so embarrassing that I just keep it to myself
* When it comes to religion, I consider myself a free-thinking Christian. I don't have much in common with most of my fellow Christians since my views are so unorthodox.
*I have a pretty quiet, contemplative yet chipper personality, but I can become hyper if caught in the right mood and I’m around the right people. I love meeting new people and sharing good times with friends and family. I guess you could call me a relationship-oriented introvert, if that makes any sense. It describes me perfectly anyway. xD So yeah, I do have my colorful quirks, but then again...don't we all? ;)
*I am also a firm believer in holding a positive, optimistic, yet realistic attitude about life and that ultimately, each of us is responsible for our own happiness. If everyone would be more optimistic, the world would be a much better place. But sadly, there are many obstacles blocking people from having that attitude.
But yeah, I'm a glass-half-full kind of girl. Cynicism annoys me.
*I also believe that everything happens for a reason and that everyone should embrace their unique identities and be proud of who they are. A strong sense of self is the best thing you can own in this world.
*So yeah. Chill and chipper is me in a nutshell. :D I like seeing my world through rose-colored glasses. Actually, they're more like rainbow-colored glasses...with a shade of gray. I don't know, I can't explain it. xD
*When it comes to interests I really love musicals, documentaries, cats, white tigers, various kinds of music, badassery, YA fiction, LGBT romance, Disney animated movies, J-Pop boy groups (Hey!Say!JUMP, NEWS,etc.), K-Pop girl groups (Girls' Generation, After School,etc.), animation, amusement parks/zoos/museums, Xena, Harry Potter, Narnia, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Sentai, Queer As Folk, and the German, Japanese, and Korean languages....among other things, of course.
I'm quite an enigma! I enjoy girly k-pop and j-pop music as much as power metal and hard rock. I love bloody action films, leather jackets, Dragon Ball Z, Super Sentai, and badassery just as much as I love musicals, rainbows, fluffy animals, Disney movies, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! ^^
And that is me...in a nutshell! ^^ I really don't post on here much, but I do lurk around and comment on stuff. Maybe I'd be more active if I had a unique, personal layout or something. *shrugs*
All thanks to aisyateru for the lovely HSJ mood themes!
- Current Location:The Shining City of War Drobe in the land of Spare Oom
- Current Mood: content
- Current Music:The Haunting by Kamelot
LOLZ. Wow, my journal totally sucks. xD The only reason I use my LJ is to comment on stuff and stalk some LJ communities, really. Wow, I was such a n00b when I made my first post. It's kind of embarrassing. :P \
This entry is just to verify that I'm still alive, I guess.
Just doing a really quick meme that I stole from privatehearts18. 8D
01. I call myself: Amanda
02. I am this old: 17 years old (turning 18 on the 26th)
03. I hate it when: I let my emotions get the best of me, I fail at making friends, I’m afraid
04. I love it when: New HSJ scans are out, I get to watch a new episode of XWP, I get to engage in deep, respectful discussion with others, and when I listen to music
05. My favorite thing to drink is: Diet Pepsi, lemonade, apple juice, and milk
06. My favorite food is: Fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes, pizza, coconut shrimp, and pickles. xD
07. I am this tall: Barely 5’3’’…about as tall as Gabrielle from XWP
08. I weigh this much: You really want to know? xD
09. My favorite shoes to wear are: Tennis shoes and these black ones…forgot what kind they are
10. My favorite article of clothing is: Denim jackets and blue jeans
11. When I get up in the morning the first thing I do is: Fire up my computer and feed the cats
12. The last thing I do before I go to bed is: Listen to soothing music on iTunes
01. I take baths or showers: I prefer baths, but I take more showers because I can wash my hair a lot easier
02. My favorite soap to use is: Dove cucumber and green tea
03. I use this shampoo: VO5
04. I use this conditioner: N/A
05. I use a comb or a brush: Brush
06. I blow dry my hair or let it air dry: Blow dry…otherwise it looks like shit
07. I use this kind of shaving gel/cream: LOL
08. My toothpaste is: Crest
09. My toothbrush is this color: White and yellow.
10. I like hot or cold showers: Hot! Even in the summertime, I cannot stand cold showers.
11. What I think about in the shower: Random stuff…
12. My favorite thing about the shower is: The feel of the hot water
13. I listen to this kind of music when in the shower: Well, I don’t listen to music, but j-pop tunes get stuck in my head when I’m in the shower
14. I lock the bathroom door when in the shower: N/A
01. My mom drove me to school or I rode the bus: She drove me…cuz I’m spoiled like that. Aha!
02. I went to kindergarten and my teacher’s name was: Mrs. Kerr (sp?)
03. My favorite teacher was: Mrs. Noback (English teacher), Mrs. Swanson and Mrs. Diane Jackson (the special education teachers), and Mr. Grace the guidance counselor of my old middle school
04. My least favorite teacher was: I can’t remember ever hating a teacher…I just didn’t pay as much attention to the ones I didn’t like.
05. My first field trip was to: Angel Mounds
06. My favorite field trip was to: Washington D.C.
07. What I remember most about elementary school is: Recess, lunch, coke and popcorn break, buying things with class cash, etc.
08. I attended this elementary school: Two actually…Henderson Christian School and Jefferson Elementary School
01. My favorite subject in high school was: Spanish, Biology, and Literature
02. My favorite teacher(s) was/were: I forgot her name at the moment, but it was my biology teacher… Mr. Haile (Drama teacher), Mr. Rowlett (Spanish teacher)
03. My least favorite teacher(s) was/were: Mr. DePietro (sp?) because he went through the Algebra 2 book way too fast
04. We had this many class periods: 8
05. My favorite activity in high school: Erm…there wasn’t one.
06: I was in the band and I played: N/A
07. I did marching band and was in squad number(s): N/A
08. I was in this school play(s): N/A
09. I was in this crowd at school: The anime-obsessed misfits
10. I had detention this many times: N/A
11. I drove to school: N/A
12. I skipped class this many times: About 3 times…
13. I was always late for class: Almost all the time. xD
14. Best friend in high school: Elizabeth
15. Name the guys/girls you dated: N/A
16. Name the guys/girls you wanted to date: Some guy named Drew, I think…
17. I went to prom with: Didn’t have prom.
18. I went to this many football games: 1 or 2
19. My favorite trip was: Spanish club trip
20. I was in the principal’s office this many times: Once
21. What I miss most about high school: Well, some classes were fun…but only some
22. What I don’t miss at all about high school: The raging hormones, the awkwardness, the homework
23. I will/was remembered for: Being a kind person…yet very awkward and quiet.
24. I graduated in: I dropped out of high school to be homeschooled and I started online college courses just last year, so I guess you could say 2008
25. I was _ out of _ in my class: ??
26. My GPA was: 3.9 to 4.0
27. I went to this high school: Henderson County High School
01. I still write letters and mail them out: I prefer email
02. I spend this much time online a day: 24/7. 8D
04. My favorite place to travel to is: The Garden of the Gods in Illinois…so beautiful in the fall
05. My favorite phrase is: All streams lead to the ocean…
06. My favorite quote is: “The more we know, the less we understand.”
07. I really want to go here someday: Disney Land, The UK, Finland, South Korea, and Japan
08. I live in a(n) house, trailer, apartment, townhouse, condo: Apartment
09. I’ve always wanted to own one of these: Can’t think of anything…
10. My most treasured item is: My iPod
11. My goals in life are: To have a group of close, intimate friends, to change the world in one way or another, to see rare sights and broaden my horizons…
12. My favorite sport to watch is: I don’t like sports
13. The friend I couldn’t live without: Sorry to say this, but I don’t have one right now…maybe my mom.
14. I collect this/these: Lots of HSJ, Narnia, and XWP pictures!
15. This is on my walls: Narnia and JE pics…and 2 Switchfoot posters
16. The thing that drives me completely crazy is: Literature and music with subtle spiritual and philosophical themes, Hey!Say!JUMP, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, and Xena: Warrior Princess
Since I don't have many LJ friends that like to do memes, I'm only tagging one person: 4ever_dicembre. ♥
- Current Mood: hungry
- Current Music:III Ways to Epica by Kamelot
You take a little bit of Xena: Warrior Princess, add a 300 calorie-burning daily exercise routine, sprinkle in a little bit of j-pop music, stir it up in a form of a refreshing shower and silky shiny hair, throw in a new church for a little added social life...and then marinate it with some random youtube videos. Then let it sit for a few days and voila! The most delicious mood you've ever tasted in weeks!! ♥
Anyone else have any recipes to share? 8D
- Current Mood: rejuvenated
- Current Music:The Witch and the Lion by Narnia
- Current Mood: blank
I adopted him just yesterday. Isn't he cute? 8D *pets the kitty's head* My mom said I can keep him! ^.^ He's such a good little pet. He doesn't make any messes and he loves to sit on my lap. =D
- Current Mood: bouncy
- Current Music:Uruwashi no Bad Girl by Yuto Nakajima
Sooo, this man on the comments of a youtube video titled "The Gift of Homosexuality" starts attacking my liberal Christian beliefs and then he sends me random videos saying that C.S. Lewis was an occultist. He deliberately went on my youtube profile page, scanned it for anything he could possibly use as fuel to his fire, and then sends me a private message basically saying that I shouldn't be interested in Narnia or Harry Potter. And he also misunderstood me when I said I was a Twilight LOLFan. Apparently he doesn't know the difference between LOLFans and Twi-hards. Whatever...here's what he sent me:
Did it not occur to you that the devil hides beneath a veneer of Christianity? How else do you suppose he could infiltrate Christianity? It is historically evidenced that both Tolkien and Lewis were part of an occultist group in Oxford called "The Inklings" and that both men later joined the "Hermetic Order of the Dawn." (a group who practiced the art of "magik".) If you really knew about CS Lewis in his OWN words (and of his ungodly marriage), you would want nothing to do with his work.
Clearly, challenging your beliefs against the Word of God is not palatable to you and therefore further discussion is rather pointless.
The video on Hell you sent me is a classic for those who ascribe to Universalism. It is barren with omissions and cleverly subverts the truth... just as the unrepentant, unregenerate professing "Christians" wish it to.
I pray that God the Father will have mercy on you, that he will draw you to Christ and grant you genuine broken repentance because your man-made, self-styled god will not save you.
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
Wow, you are very misinformed. It is common knowledge that the "Inklings" group was occultist despite their Catholic leaning (and no surprise because Catholicism is wicked at its core). Clearly, you have read only the delightful commentaries. Why not do the investigation of an intelligent person and check all the facts (not suppositions or hearsay but hard evidence). Google it, there is officially documented history on the subject available.
For your own edification, I am non-denominational. I was drawn out of denominations by God at the inception of my salvation and I do not belong to any church save the Body of Christ. I am aware that all denominations are corrupt with rife heresy and hypocrisy. Universalism is no exception. I believe in sola scriptura, sola gracia and sola fide because the Holy Spirit is my sole guide (1 John 2:27).
A man-made God will not save you and no matter how convinced you are that Jesus "speaks to [you] mostly through the union of feelings and reason". This is a highly subjective and unscriptural way of living in faith and it is also Satan's most prolific ploy. The experiential is one of the most dangerous and insidious forms of religion there is. Reading your channel biog and looking at your suggestive photo, it is evident that you were not drawn by God (John 6:44) but you simply found a religion that appealed to you. What this means, tragically, is that you are still unregenerate and lost. What you have is a superficial pretence and NOT a conversion through Jesus Christ the true Messiah.
By the way, "Twighlight" is occultist to the inth degree and purely Satanic. Anyone with the Holy Spirit dwelling within them would be instantly convicted of its source. Since you are a fan, you clearly do not have the Holy Spirit guiding you from within.
If you genuinely want to know Christ then begin researching your favourite things... you will find that they are Satan's, too.
"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" - 2 Corinthians 13:5
And finally, if you did have Jesus Christ as your Saviour then you would have given up the secular world and all its temptations because He will not tolerate it (Romans 6:4, Romans 6:11-14, Romans 8:1-2, Rom 8:12-13, Romans 12:2, Ephesians 4:22-24, 1 Peter 2:24).
Go in search of the truth, please, while there is still time. You cannot afford to be wrong about this.
Doesn't he know that it's people like him that turn people off from anything resembling Christianity? They're just as arrogant and snobby as the militant atheists. How dare he judge my personal tastes and values? If everyone followed this guy's beliefs, apparently every form of entertainment would belong to Satan and there would be no fun or happiness. One of the many reasons I chose to become a progressive Christian is because I didn't want to become a cocky bitch with a "holier than thou" attitude. *sigh* And this is why I really hope that the Church is reformed in a big way....and soon. >.>
*end of rant*
- Current Mood: infuriated
- Current Music:Deep Night Kimi Omou by Hey!Say!JUMP
Hello, f-list. Just a random update here.
Well, first of all, I got me a Twitter account if you want to <s>stalk</s> follow me and know what I'm up to all the time. ^^ Here it is:
And as for the HSJ fandom, I plan on doing picspams of ALL the possible JUMP pairings sometime in the near future...when I get all my pics organized, that is. >.> As I'm not particularly biased to one HSJ pair, I think it'd be nice to please all the fellow fans and picspam all of them. *__* Oh God, I love pairings based on real people. They're so much more fun to squeal over compared to the pairings based on fictional characters in literature and anime. 8D
I know this post is kinda pointless, but...oh well. =/
Gotta go do psychology now...I've procrastinated that subject way too much this week. ;.; Maybe it's the topic this week: memory...how ironic.
- Current Mood: guilty
- Current Music:Kuroi Asa, Shiroi Yoru by Hikaru Yaotome